Monday 30 December 2013

South Park Crochet


Most people who know me will know that I have been addicted to knitting for quite a few years, and it's not unusual to see me carrying around yarn and needles while I was at uni, or on the bus, or pretty much anywhere I could sit for more than five minutes...

Last Christmas, I wanted to make a set of South Park characters as a gift for my partner, as it is his favourite show. I scoured the internet for a pattern, and couldn't find anything that really looked like them. The ONLY pattern I could find that didn't make the characters look all weird and out of proportion was an amigurumi pattern.

Amigurumi is basically Japanese for crochet dolls or toys.

So, I taught myself to crochet and made them!





Since I was learning as I went, and Kenny was the first thing I had ever crocheted, the poor things suffered in quality a bit.... But they look pretty happy to me!


I'm so glad to finally have them finished!!

Here's the website where I bought the pattern:

http://en.dawanda.com/product/40059106-AMIGURUMI-PATTERN-South-Park-Set





No comments:

Post a Comment